Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hacktivism is a hell of a drug


Well this is a way for some for empowerment. It is their way to be a superhero. Not to say the video of the cat ( Which I do not want to watch I am a dog guy but still) for the woman to get death threats is a bit extreme. If you heard from your friend that was the link and you proceeded to watch it, you took it in yourself to watch it and congrats it provoked a reaction like you expected it to.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8567934.stm has a great piece on a group of cyber hackers and what their mission is

The whole human flesh hunting to me is extreme. People need to deal with their own lives. The act to help others that have no concern is just rather extreme to want to hunt and kill. That's what police and others are for that purpose.

Then you see people who try to change governments and make things better for the small guy. I have to admit I root for that. Why? Perhaps it can bring social awareness of activities we are not aware of that are doing this planet some harm. Maybe bringing things to light to make us more self aware is not a bad thing. We need to know that people care.

No one wants to see harm to animals or the woman who committed suicide and how her husband drove her to it but if you want to hunt someone down for that instead of government and companies trying to rip you off..well my friends that's where I differ. I rather see my future a tad bit better and my son able to see the world for what it is.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! I definately agree with you on having my future and my kids future better and to see the world for what it is.
    I also agree that bringinin things to the attention of others will make people aware of whats goig on, and help make things better, instead of continuing to do harm. It is always reassuring to know that someone is listining.

    ReplyDelete